All barn-burner and no benchwarmer, the Rockhopper Sport throws out the playbook when it comes to putting performance points on the board while playing some serious defense on behalf of your wallet.
Game-ready with Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, Altus shifting from Shimano and an SR SunTour XCM fork that's built to hustle, the Rockhopper Sport can tack up the win on any given Sunday—and the rest of the week too for that matter.
- A heart of gold, presented in our lightweight yet durable Premium A1 Aluminum, the Rockhopper features butted aluminum tubes in order to keep weight low and strength high, all while providing increased standover clearance, slick internal cable routing and dropper-post compatibility. With the goal of making sure that the Rockhopper offers both the best fit and best performance for every person, no matter their measure, we’ve paired each Rockhopper frame size with the optimal wheel size. The result is a Rockhopper to fit every rider and the assurance that every Rockhopper is rolling on the best-handling wheel for its frame size.
- Reign in speed and dial up your confidence with powerful braking from Tektro's M275 hydraulic disc brakes.
- 2x Shimano Altus shifting handles drivetrain duties while you focus on the ride.
- A durable Formula freehub and SunRace 9-speed cassette keep you rolling smoothly and promise countless miles of fuss-free performance.
- FRAME A1 premium butted alloy, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, stealth rack mounts, dropper post compatible
- FORK SR Suntour XCM 27.5, 30mm stanchions, Rx Tune, coil spring, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 42mm offset
- FRONT HUB Formula 6-Bolt, disc, 100x9mm spacing, quick-release, 32H
- REAR HUB Formula 6-Bolt freehub, disc, 135x9mm spacing, quick-release, 32H
- SPOKES Stainless, 14g
- RIMS Specialized alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm inner width, 32h
- INNER TUBES Schrader, 40mm valve
- FRONT TIRE Ground Control Sport, 27.5x2.3"
- REAR TIRE Ground Control Sport, 27.5x2.3"
- CRANKSET Stout 2x, forged alloy
- CHAINRINGS 22/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET Square-tapered, 73mm, internal bearings, 122.5mm spindle
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Altus, RapidFire Plus, 9-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Altus FD-M2020 2-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Altus, RD-M2000, 9-speed
- CASSETTE SunRace, 9-Speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE Tektro HD-M275, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm
- REAR BRAKE Tektro HD-M275, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- HANDLEBARS Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Trail Grips, lock-on
- STEM Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155/143mm
- SEATPOST Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, quick release, 34.9
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt